Posted by [email protected] on March 25, 2019 at 8:35 AM
Pain killers are the important part of first aid kits in every house, work places, hospitals etc. Pain killers are generally used for treatment of any kind of pain either it is headache, joint pains, muscles pain, stomach aches, etc.
Pain killers are general medicines used by every common people as pain relievers.
Pain killers are divided into three major classes:
- Acetaminophen or Commonly known as Paracetamol
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)
- Acetaminophen or paracetamol is the most common pain killer used by most of the population of India. Paracetamol are well capable in reducing the pain as well as in reducing the elevated body temperature.
- Non- steroidal anti- inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) like aspirin, naproxen, ibuprofen are the most common NSAIDs used as pain killers. They are indicated as pain reliever like headache, joint pain, muscles pain, neck pain, stomach pain, as well as they are also capable in reducing elevated body temperature and reducing inflammation.
- Opioids are used when Non-steroidal anti- inflammatory drugs are fails to relieve the pain, opioids are very strong pain relievers. Although they are well effective in pain treatment but it has more side effects as compare to other pain killers.
Some pain killers require prescription while some comes under Over the counter category means do not requires any kind of prescriptions from health professionals. There are many pharmaceutical companies like Affy group is involved in manufacturing of general tablets in India as well as capsules, syrups and injections including pain killers.
Source: What are Painkiller Drugs and Their Types?